Musk’s DOGE Cancels 200,000 Govt. Credit Cards As Spending Limits Take Effect

The Department of Government Efficiency announced Tuesday that it has canceled more than 200,000 government credit cards, according to a post on X.

DOGE, overseen by White House advisor Elon Musk, mentioned on Feb. 18 that it was collaborating with agencies to simplify the credit card accounts and reduce administrative costs. It was estimated that the federal government held 4.6 million credit cards and had 90 million unique transactions in the fiscal year 2024, according to USA Today.

A week later, President Donald Trump issued an executive order to initiate a “transformation in Federal spending,” which called for a 30-day freeze on agency employee credit cards.

On Tuesday, DOGE released its three-week update on canceled credit cards, highlighting that the pilot program is auditing 16 agencies. The Health and Human Services Department and the Department of the Interior reported significant progress in the past week.

Trump and Musk have long supported significant reductions in government spending, including proposals for laying off federal employees, USA Today noted.

The credit card freeze order includes an exemption for employees using the cards for disaster relief, natural disaster response, or other critical services as determined by the agency head.

Civilian employees at the Department of Defense now face a $1 limit on their government travel cards, according to a memo dated March 5. Travel related to military operations or permanent changes of station will be exempt, as per the memo.

Earlier this month, Trump praised Musk’s efforts to expose wasteful government spending. Musk remains a controversial figure in U.S. politics, and Trump encouraged Musk to continue his work.

“ELON IS DOING A GREAT JOB, BUT I WOULD LIKE TO SEE HIM GET MORE AGGRESSIVE,” Trump wrote on Truth Social. “REMEMBER, WE HAVE A COUNTRY TO SAVE, BUT ULTIMATELY, TO MAKE IT GREATER THAN EVER BEFORE. MAGA!”

“Will do, Mr. President!” Musk replied.

On Tuesday, Trump also announced that attacks on Tesla dealerships would be treated as domestic terrorism, coinciding with his display of a red Tesla at the White House.

“I’ll do everything I can to stop them,” he said in response to a reporter’s question about the attacks, standing alongside Elon Musk. “We already know who some of them are, and we’re going to address this seriously.”

Trump emphasized that such attacks on any American company, not just Tesla, are unacceptable.

Related Posts

Donald Trump reportedly says Elon Musk will ‘step down from his role’ in US government ‘soon’

Trump Confirms Musk’s Upcoming Departure from Government Role Donald Trump has reportedly stated that Elon Musk will soon be stepping away from his role with the U.S….

26 Pictures That Need A Second Look

Our eyes may lie to us more often than we think. Optical illusions are seen in everyday life. Viral Strange will list some pictures that really need…

Acne And Everything You Need To Know About Them

Acne is a skin problem that causes inflammation. Our skin has oil glands that are connected to hair follicles. These follicles have tiny hairs. In healthy skin,…

We are uncertain about the documentation status of her parents

Democratic Representative Maxine Waters of California urged President Donald Trump to investigate and possibly deport First Lady Melania Trump during an anti-DOGE protest held in Los Angeles…

IRS Official Linked to Obama-Era Tea Party Scandal Leading Major Tax Division: Report

A government watchdog group wants a key person at the Internal Revenue Service who was involved in the Obama-era scandal of the agency targeting political opponents to…

Gingrich Warns Of ‘Very Dangerous’ Consequences as Dems Attack Trump

Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich is warning that Democrats’ “very dangerous” rhetoric and behavior could lead to something “serious” against President Donald Trump. During an interview on…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *